I-DIKA, a company of Sogedim SpA group, has inaugurated the opening of a new operational depot in Settimo Torinese in order to pursue its strategy of geographic development, further strengthening its presence in the North West.
With the new site, located in a strategic location, adjacent to the A4 Turin-Milan with high density road and motorway connections, I-DIKA expands the capacity of its network on the main connections to and from Italy, improving the transit time and the potential of the national and international commercial exchanges.
I-DIKA, with the construction of the Settimo Torinese plant, aims to consolidate its role as a logistical player to expand into other Industrial and E-commerce sectors. It also intends to further strengthen the transport of wine and alcoholic beverages, which has always been the main activity, relying on the solidity of a strong and established group such as Sogedim.
The new logistic center is realized in order to tackle to the increasing business and the continuous income of goods and customers, in line with the desire to strengthen the integrated logistics service and to improve the quality of the offered services, in a rapidly changing global market.
Main numbers of the new logistics HUB:
- warehouse of 35.000 mq
- 700 kWh photovoltaic system
- 52 loading/unloading bays
- BREEAM certification
- 9 charging stations for electric cars
Charateristics of the plant:
- Energy sustainability – respect for the environment is a key priority for the Sogedim Group in the territorial development process and the new branch in Settimo Torinese has been designed using energy generated from renewable sources ensuring a reduced environmental impact thanks to the British standard BREEAM
- Innovative technology – investing in modern technologies and high-efficiency integrated solutions for management means ensuring maximum service efficiency, ensuring customers have a high-quality experience
- Environment – modern workspaces designed for the well-being of employees and for rigorous merchandise management will result in increased productivity and therefore better customer service